Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Flashback- remember to play


About a year and half ago I posted about the amazing play structure created by Toshiko Horiuchi MacAdam. In my research this week I fell upon on interview with her, read it here.  So I decided that she made a perfect flashback.
remember to play.

Sometimes it is good to just remember that you have to take time to play. The amazing installations of Toshiko Horiuchi MacAdam do that.

The use of color and pattern is so joyful and to just imagine my little t running around in this wonderland is enough to bring a smile to my face.

I only wish they made them in adult size, how fun would that be?

Read an article on her work here. 


And thanks to this lovely lady for bringing my attention to the work.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That interactive piece looks amazing! I would have loved my child getting to climb all over it. So cool!

Joetta M. said...

I know!! Wouldn't that be awesome. Tesla did get to see a ernesto neto exhibit in Chelsea and climb all over the place in his wonderful womb-like works so that was pretty cool. If you ever have the opportunity def. take them to see his work it will probably be closer then Japan.

see the neto exhibit images here:
http://littleyellowbirds.blogspot.com/2012/05/crawl-inside.html