Tuesday, August 27, 2013

in print.


A little more then a week ago I got an email from a gallery I worked with some years ago...unbenownst to me they had published a catalogue for the exhibit and the publisher was no longer going to make them so last chance to buy.


I bought one and was surprised to find a very well done catalogue arrive at my door. The curator wrote very eloquently about my work and that is always so wonderful to have done. When a curator or critic cans peak about your work in a way that you feel is accurate and meaningful it makes one feel like your work is actually a successful communication.



Eventually I will get around to scanning and appropriately posting the pages but you probably can read the little bit under my bio here. (if you click on the pic it will get bigger.)

I am in such a funny state. I so much want to be once again showing and being written about and all that wonderful stuff. But my footing with my work feels so disconnected.  I guess when you feel truly done with a series that is what happens. I actually remember when I finished undergrad feeling a lot this way. I was done with the work, I had exhibited it, and that just felt so final.  But in truth I need to get off my lazy butt and try to get some of that work out there as it is great work even if I have emotionally moved on to whatever comes next.

No comments: