Tuesday, January 28, 2014

erk, ack, flounder,






brain overload. In the last 3 days I have gone into every emotion possible about my upcoming mini show.  From being totally committed and determined to being totally overwhelmed and shut down.

I did FINALLY get the larger work done. In about an hour I will have it ironed and be able to see how it really turned out.
But I am still floundering on deciding how to present the rest of the work. Formal, informal. some framed or none framed, just textiles or some drawings and older photos mixed in. etc. etc. etc.

In other words ack, f-ing ack. Today is really the only day I have a big chunk of time to look at this and make decisions and I am feeling the pressure. And as always you also feel the foreboding of what is next. Once a bigger work is done and hung there is always the "what s next?" And though I am starting to feel more clarity about my work I am still a bit lost---

and even more so I am still struggling with finding the time to do all the crappy parts of being an artist like apply, apply, fing apply. So you get the satisfaction of actually showing. It has also now been almost a year since I curated anything and I am really feeling the itch but oh so lacking the time.


No comments: