Monday, October 20, 2014

a new stage in this artists life.


I am very excited, overwhelmed and delighted to say that I have been accepted into a prestigious collective gallery here in Boston, the Kingston Gallery. It has been around for something like 25 years and is a gallery in which it is artist run and owned.  I will be totally honest I do not really know what I think about this as a model.  But I do know that when I gallery hop I really admire the work they show, they have a beautiful space in one of the major gallery areas of Boston and they have a community of smart artists. 

I had thought about applying before and had not. I had thought about applying this year and was unsure and then I was chatting with my studio mate and it came up. I thought ya know I really should do it. Then I saw that THAT day was the deadline so I spent the rest of my day getting all the application materials together and then much to my unprepared shock I found out I was accepted just a few short weeks later. So...


I feel really good about it, Still processing it but due to the fact that they have monthly meetings and exhibits I feel like the very best thing will be that I find a community of talented and DRIVEN artists to share my thoughts, work and passion with.  I really hope that this is indeed what I get.  Not to mention a solo show or 2 at a beautiful gallery in my community.  So... I thought it was time to share this good news with all of you.

Just one of the many crazy things going on in my overbooked crazy life.


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congrats! I think Kingston is the very best gallery in the South End, and I don't say that only because I'm a former member. It's a great experience and I hope you enjoy it.

Kristin L said...

That's an awesome move. Congratulations!

Joetta M. said...

Thanks! I hope it is a good decision and I am feeling pretty excited about the community that will come with it:)