Tuesday, May 27, 2008

found ....

artist Arnaud Maggs:

I use systems of identification as an underlying spine in all my work. Imposing this structure frees me to explore territories I would never have imagined.

This work is so lovely, the above project is a found ledger from the Gold rush trail, each water stained page photographed.
Loveliness...another book project...



Ironically in my "trades" that occurred after grads school, I chose an image from friend and artist Ryan Feeney that is a scan of the back of an old photograph. This work reminds me of it...and I love the subtlety of both works.... seems like a quiet reflection on death and loss....

"grid-like portrait studies that betray a stark intimacy" was said about Maggs older work, I feel that it can still be said of this work....

No comments: