Friday, January 25, 2013

friday flash back- stitched lines


 This post coming to you from July 2010. Due to the busy schedule I keep as of late, my husband had a fabulous idea for this lil' blog. I was feeling guilty about not getting enough posts up each week and he reminded me that I have over 5 years (yes 5 years!!!!) of archives.  I myself love perusing through all the work that I have found and written about and thought maybe you all would too. So I introduce FRIDAY FLASHBACKS. A weekly post randomly selected from the archives.  Hope you enjoy the reminders or new artists you will find through this little experiment of mine.


I am loving the stitched work of Lithuanian artist Inga Liksaite. Her works are large scale stitched works on black fabric and super beautiful.


I really love this diptych with the simple image of plants in a window and the portrait. Something about it really evokes the emotion of solitude and longing- but not loneliness


Some detail shots give you a sense of how the works are built up by simple stitching and the images develop from the closeness of the lines.

I really enjoy these 2 triptychs- the use of the white space and the landscape of the portrait. I get very excited by the above image and how the texture of the hair changes from one panel to the next. I wonder how her working process made her decide to make that choice- as it really pushes the work further.


So in love with this one with the clouds merging into the face...

I wish I knew more about her work and her process and so wish I could see this work in person.

See more of Inga's work here.

No comments: