Tuesday, January 15, 2013

office or studio?


Lately my studio has felt more like an office then a studio.  I feel like I am at the computer more then at the hoop, actually I don't feel, I know.   But today atleast felt productive.  I am finally caught up and getting organized on the down to sleep exhibit. Tomorrow I will finally get the announcement with artists names posted. 

It is going to be a truly wonderful show and I am so excited to see it come to culmination, meet some of the artists and build more community.  But woo-hoo every show I seem to forget how much work is was to mount the last one.  It must be that the pay off is so worth it I decide to do it all over again.

I am also really attempting to get more teaching happening as that is what I really want to be doing, really love doing and am pretty damn good at it. Anyone want to offer me a teaching gig?  HA, that would be nice. Until then I keep watching precious hours slip by applying, looking, proposing etc.  But I actually have some great things coming up so I am happy for that.

I am hoping tomorrow turns into some actual studio work.  How do we do so much?

No comments: