Monday, July 29, 2013

laced graffiti



The Polish Artist that goes by the name Nespoon, does some pretty amazing graffiti/public art inspired by the doily.  I have always wanted to somehow translate elements of fiber onto the urban landscape. To bring the domestic and feminine out of the home...




Nespoon creates totally lovely large scale works of doily shapes on all things urban and concrete. I would LOVE to fall upon one of these in my daily life.  There is little info on the work or the artist but the images are cool enough on their own to make me drool just a bit....



See more,  tons of cool projects, here.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I love this! Combines 2 very different things that I like.

Kristin L said...

Beautiful! The way the colors of the surface she stencils onto interplay with the doily shapes is wonderful.

Denim Jeans said...

NIce colors and crafts, Thumbs up for it :)

Joetta M. said...

I know I totally loved it and cannot agree more about how the colors she uses play and respond with the surface she is doing the work on. LOVE.