Friday, September 28, 2012

studio visit.


I had a nice studio visit this week with Kate from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. I am doing a visiting artist workshop with them in February so she was in the studio to take some photos and do a little interview to promote the artist events.

It was so nice to have someone in my studio as it has been awhile.  When I first moved here I really made some effort to meet some folks and have studio visits but then life took over, shows were happening and it stopped. But this week reminded me how inspiring and wonderful it is to have a like mind in your workspace and just talk shop.

Kate was so sweet and gracious, we also realized we have a mutual friend. It was fun to talk about the project I will be doing which is inspired by the incredible textile collection at the Gardner and to just talk about the unique elements of the unusual museum.

It made me very much look forward to my studio time next week and get to work.  But that will have to wait as today I am focusing on another exhibition proposal as a curator. SO many hats....


BTW anyone want to studio visit?

1 comment:

ashley said...

..would you ever want to do a virtual studio visit via google or skype?