Monday, April 4, 2011

a nifty and a thanks...


A little peek at what has been happening in my hoops.

Some late Thank you's to folks who are celebrating my work- here and here. As always I very much appreciate the love.

Also wanted to make sure to mention the very cool call for work that the fabulous Jennifer Hunold has out. For her show Nifty she wants:

fiber-based works which communicate ideas and issues not previously thought to be within the purview of the technique’s historical lineage. Non-traditional uses of fiber techniques are especially encouraged. We are interested in works which comment on or challenge the history of textile mediums while also addressing more dominant concerns at interest to the artist.


Sounds like a great opportunity and the space looks quite nice and spacious as well. So get your submissions in. See the full call here.

Me I am working away on Play, I am hoping to get all the acceptance letters out today. We will see. But wow-o-wow it is going to be a great show!

1 comment:

Jennifer Hunold said...

Thanks so much for sharing this Joetta! I hope I get a chance to see "Play" when it's up - it sounds amazing. :-)