Tuesday, July 17, 2012

lucky 365 days a year...


Due to an incorrect credit to an image and the friendly correction from a reader I was introduced to the sweet and wonderful work of Lucky Jackson.


Lucky has challenged herself to make a work of art every day for one year. And to our benefit she is mostly making super lovely and wonderful embroideries.


They range from sweet little vignettes, to self portraits, to portraits of celebrities, musicians and writers.

I like the waist down self portraits for sure.

I love the simple style of her work, patterned fabric and applique, clean black drawing lines and her muslin base.


Her style of drawing is wonderful; both very expressionistic of her hand and precise and accurate.


I am so delighted to now get to follow Lucky's work and maybe snag one for myself. hmmmm.
It was SO hard to choose which ones to show her as they are all sweet but you can see every single one here.

2 comments:

Lucky Jackson said...

This is quite an honor. I am a huge fan of your work.

Joetta M. said...

oh, thanks. your work is so fun and endearing. I love it and was happy to share it.