Tuesday, February 18, 2014

holy warm and hopefully wonderful


I have spent all my weekend and now all my money so I can take a little trip all BY MYSELF. I am not sure how this happened but I have a vacation week that I need to use and I am dying from the terribly cold and snowy winter here in New England. C did not want or have the vaca days to go anywhere and walla...

I am going to Miami, Fl for 3 nights 4 days all by myself, no kid, no job, no husband. Just me. I am kind of freaking out. I have not done something like this in AGES or maybe never as yoga things are not all by yourself. I am ecstatic and nervous.

But I already have a plan. Sleep in, sip coffee, eat fruit, do yoga, drive to beach, sit and walk on beach, eat dinner somewhere lovely and local, drive home, read, sleep, repeat, repeat. WOW.

I might just become an all new person.

(that is where I am staying on a river with manatees, working fruit farm with chickens and a potbelly pig, surrounded bu a nature preserve. Holy Shit!)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I get away for "art weekends" to Philly all by my lonesome (not that I am) 2 or 3 times a year. The time away from kids and housework relaxes and restores me. Thankfully, my husband is very understanding. And this will be the 5th year that I've gone to a friend's house for our annual artist retreat - which is in her studio in her basement. We work til we drop and then go out to eat or her husband brings food to us. If we feel like it, we visit a museum...maybe.

Enjoy your time alone. Enjoy being able to do whatever you want when you want.

Joetta M. said...

so looking forward to it. Thank you for the well wishes.

And your art weekends sound pretty great too!