Friday, January 25, 2008

ICP Surprise.



So I went to the Institute of Photography yesterday to see the show Archive Fever, it was great, but very political and I have to admit I just do not enjoy political art as much.  
But to my surprise the other exhibition was fabulous,  The Collections of Barbara Bloom.  I had never heard of Barbara Bloom, who is referred to as BB throughout the show, but I knew she was someone I needed to know now.  Her work was very interesting and very varied, I most preferred her series The Reign of Narcissism, in which she puts her face on many things, including a real cameo and at the bottom of porcelain cups.  Really interesting and worth researching.  I was able to get a fair amount of inspiration towards ideas on display/presentation from both shows!

No comments: