Thursday, April 15, 2010

colorful flight.



Do you need a little color in your life? Artist Yuko Euno's magical butterfly instalalation gives plenty of color and seems perfect art to celebrate for spring.


she states:
In process of creation for the project, I (was) attracted to (the ) beauty of (the) wings of butterflies and developed my own way of making them. Each butterfly is original and has unique design and color from my imagination. None of them are same. Inspirations come from my Dance background and passion for music includes Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Afro-beat. Especially influences by Afro Cuban, Latin Jazz, Mambo, Salsa, Dixieland, New Orleans Jazz, Big Bands plus flavors of Carnival, Mardi Gras, Circus and Cabaret. It’s like mixing my artwork on a huge turntable. I design and create pattern of wings influence by music. For example, rhythm, melody, syncopation, swing, beginning and ending like jazz. And just like when you listen many different kind of instrumental. Like a song and a performance, I create a story in my art work. I would say story of life. I would be happy if viewers could feel the rhythm and beat of flying butterflies, and passion, beauty and power of spirit of butterflies which has very short life.

See more here.

2 comments:

Silver Sisters said...

Hmmmm... no posts for 8 days...this can only mean one thing. Hope all is well, Joetta!

Joetta M. said...

right you are!