Thursday, August 25, 2011

tiny moments...


ack... my week has been so long. I am emotionally spent for so many reasons. But I did have a great morning in the studio yesterday. I think I finally finished a piece I have been working on forever. But have to let it sit for a few days to decide. (and as I am writing this thinking maybe it needs a touch of paint added?)

It is funny with my work there is this big chunk that is obvious work and I rapidly see the progress and then towards the end there are all of these little tiny moments, small things, random stitches to finesse and truly complete the work. And it always shocks me how long this side of things takes.

But if I do determine this piece is finished I will feel a great sense of relief. I have never struggled so much with one work.

Otherwise I am loving the fact that the weather has cooled and my studio has returned to being a place of pleasure. I am heading out of town soon and look forward to the break but am also very much looking forward to heading back into the studio refreshed in September.

3 comments:

onesilentwinter said...

It is beautiful Joetta, gosh the detail is incredible i am almost waitng for a little butterfly or flower to land on her!

Unknown said...

yeah, really nice work, the details amazing x

Joetta M. said...

Thank you both so much. I am finally starting to feel happy with it:)