Tuesday, May 14, 2013

slow & steady


slow and steady actually makes progress- I am almost done with this piece and I am totally loving it. I am looking forward to the next one in line and looking through my images to see what comes after that. I am so enjoying the drawing with thread process, stripping all the other stuff out and focusing on line.  I am also enjoying the non human subject matter.

Interesting moment last night- I went to get my nightly chocolate fix and C was in bed asleep sprawled out with the lights still on- and I thought to myself how beautiful he looked in the light. Then I thought to myself how nice it was to just allow myself to see the moment with my husband  and appreciate it and not think about grabbing my camera and making the image into a work of art. It feels so nice to allow those moments to become mine again and turn my needle to other ones. Just confirmation that the shift in my studio practice is the right move.


No comments: