Thursday, February 11, 2010

finished?


Yesterday I "finished" this piece for an exhibition next month... but it seems like it is missing something so I am trying to figure out what I might need to add. What do you think?

I am thinking of adding small thin text to the background- but that will take a lot more time so I am unsure. I guess I will just sit with it for the rest of the day.

Otherwise I am working on a few other text pieces and getting started on a new image based work for exhibit in May.
I also have a studio visit today which I am both excited and nervous about.

But honestly I am on studio burn out and would love a day of not thinking about my work or my studio at all. Maybe next week.

and a sweet thanks for the mentions here and here.

2 comments:

eileen2000 said...

I like it. I think your instinct to do something to separate background and foreground more is a good approach. Always fascinated to watch your process. Thank you for sharing with us here.

Joetta M. said...

that is exactly what I am needing to separate the foreground and background.
I am working on it now- and it is very subtle but I think I am liking it. We will see.

Thanks for following my little going on's:)