Thursday, May 5, 2011

mamas.


Rachel Hayes and Wyatt. Below is her art.


How cool is this project by Jiha Moon . A mutual artist friend sent it my way and I am so grateful. It is a project documenting artists who are mothers. I love the images of them all with their children and then the image of their inspiring and amazing work.


my favorite quote about motherhood comes from Beverly Ress. She is with her children above and her work is below.

Being an Artist and being a Mom feel compatible to me: Each requires idealism of a possibly unhealthy level; each means that you'll be less well-off than you might have hoped; comfortable shoes, rather than heels, work best for the day-to-day. Part of being successful is letting go at the right moment. Finding that moment is sometimes difficult.


Take the time to flip through to be introduced to some incredible artist who just happen to also be incredible moms.

3 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

love.

Liz Noonan said...

Thank you so much for posting this. It can feel like I'm the only one out here in suburbia, w/3 kiddos struggling to make some art and then I see that I'm not alone....this inspires me to keep pushing myself.

Joetta M. said...

my pleasure to give a little more love to all us mama's that are trying to do it all. And trust me sometimes I wish I was out in suburbia trying to do this instead of here. Space oh space I remember when it existed in my life and brain:)
But it is amazing how not alone we all are if only we would reveal ourselves.