Sunday, August 17, 2008

beautiful lines...



I just got reminded of the amazing artist Joan Linder recently.
And oh how beautiful her work is. Most of her drawings are done with ball point ink pen which gives them a lovely quality, especially since she chooses to stay monochromatically within each piece.
Most the drawings are quite large scale and so the texture and flaws of the ink really come out, which just enhances the beauty of her images and lines. This series, Trees, is my favorite.




From her new series Mother.
Hopefully her next show at my favorite gallery, Mixed Greens, shows some.
The simplicity of the everyday tools of the mother.


Trussed,
which I did see in person, is amazing in how she uses the negative space of the implied human form.

and some other works...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous work!

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Love, love, love Joan's work! She's on my committee (very lucky me)! :) XO, A

Joetta M. said...

wow, you are lucky. i would love to chat with her. Does she have a baby?
I have been trying to find out to add her to my "mothers" piece but have not found out anything conclusive?

Aesthetic Outburst... said...

Yup. He's a little younger than Emmett. Very cute! You should email her...she's great!