Tuesday, November 17, 2009

studio.


I have really been enjoying the last few days in the studio. Working diligently away on an ambitious project that I am excited about. Time flies and I wish I could be here longer. This is such a nice feeling.
For the last few months being in the studio has not been fun, but more of a struggle- so it is SO great to feel excited and at peace with my work again.

And I feel like new ideas are brimming as a result.
I barely want to take the time to post and just want to keep stitching.
How is your studio treating you?

image from here.

2 comments:

Brittany | the Home Ground said...

Hmmm... the studio. Well, I'm making progress with my senior exhibition (made what might end up being a breakthrough today with one of my teachers!), finally starting on my wood project (turning!), and have been working on patterns all semester. I have a love-hate relationship with the "studio" (i don't really have one of my own), since I'm in school. I just feel so fractured, I can't work on something that I really want to, because I have this assignment due tomorrow. I feel so worn out from being forced to come with creativity in situations that just aren't conducive.


I'm glad you're feeling better in your studio now! It's great when you can finally get going on a project that you've been thinking about and planning for. That's kind of how I feel about my senior show right now. Keep working, that piece is looking so good!

Joetta M. said...

i remember the same frustration in the beginning of graduate school. never having time just to do what I really wanted in the studio. Hopefully it will pay off in the end.

and yes feels good to be happy in the studio again:)