Wednesday, February 23, 2011

a circle of words...



I recently got the images of my work at the recent group exhibit at Taller Boricua Gallery in NY and finally just now got around to posting them.
I was so delighted to be invited to be part of this exhibit at such a wonderful space in NYC and was very sad that I was away for the opening and since it is all the way UP, UP town with a baby I just never made it to see the install.
(for you none new yorkers getting from Brooklyn to way uptown with a baby on the subway would be an utter nightmare and take 1.5 hours one way, so you get my drift.)

But I am so delighted that they sent very good images of both the exhibit and my work. It is always fun to see how curators choose to install my work. I have never hung my work in a circle but am quite intrigued by it. I like how it is both SO structured and finite in shape but yet so organic and infinite. I have a piece that I did about my pregnancy which has 9 round embroideries and I am thinking of installing it this way and seeing what I think... We will see.

Speaking of curators don't forget that I am curating a show for the spring- details here.

No comments: