Friday, February 11, 2011

to sail away from all of this...


Yesterday on Abigail Doan's blog she featured the work of Elis Vermeulen and it took me away.
I generally try to wait some time or avoid re-posting about an artist but here work moves me so that I just could not wait.

so here is my little journey...

I want to wrap myself in...


and sail away from all of this...


so that I can lay down to rest ...

underneath...

and be in bliss.

She says essentially nothing about her work on her site and I, in a very rare moment, prefer that. I think it would be hard to find words as poetic as her work.

2 comments:

Finch said...

Ive just come across your blog...its great I love it.
I too work with olf fabrics so its so nice to see your work and how beautifully you work with what you find.
Finch
Finch-uk.com

Joetta M. said...

So glad you enjoy the little blog house. Old fibers are the best to work with they come to the table with so much history already built in.
I plan to head over and check your work out later today.
best-
jo