Thursday, March 3, 2011


Speaking of alumni, I was over looking at the OSU website, my undergrad, and was super psyched to see that their current visiting artist is Orly Genger. I have written about her work here before but is is cool enough to mention again.


For some reason when I think of Orly's work I always think of her outdoor installations rather then her interior work and it was nice to be reminded how gorgeous and heavy her interior work is.

awesome chair....


I have been thinking a lot about piles lately and how I can work with them in my work. To me the pile is such a powerful image and my studio is full of them, which visually I love, but now that I am a mama my house is full of them too. Piles of clean clothes, dirty clothes, toys, diapers, dishes...It is such a symbol for domestic life. So even though though Orly's work is totally not about that - the piling she tends to do totally inspired my brain.


If you are in Ohio make sure to check out her speak March 10 at the always impressive Wexner Center.

2 comments:

Netamir said...

Her work is amazing, I have never seen it before, and I am deeply impressed, I am off to see more of it.

Joetta M. said...

i know awesome right. She essentially use herself as the crochet hook you can see videos on her website but is is amazing to see how she has made such a delicate craft into this massive physical experience.