Monday, March 7, 2011

we will see.


So sorry about my lack of post on Friday I was hectically getting ready to go out of town for the weekend while getting work done on my car, that I cannot afford, and before I knew it the day was done, I was in rural Massachusetts, without Internet, and had not posted.


But my weekend was lovely. My dear friend recently moved to a farm with her new hubby and they are beginning a farm. T loved the cows and touched one of their goats. I loved getting to catch up and also talk deep with one of my closest friends, along with eat wholesome food including raw milk and home made bread, take a walk for an hour without a sidewalk in view, and simply be out of the city. It revived me as well as reminded me how much I love my own community and life in Brooklyn.

This week the main goal is to finish this piece, it is getting there though I cannot say that I am totally in love with it. Aesthetically the piece is lovely but it is missing the emotional aspect that I want and love in my work. This may come out of the fact that it is a "commissioned" piece, based on a historical piece that I was not too crazy about, and that the deadline was a bit too close for comfort. If I was starting the project now I would do something totally different but for now am hoping to turn the piece around... We will see.

2 comments:

Netamir said...

This piece looks beautiful and very interesting as well.
I can't notice the missing of the emotional aspect, I guess it is something that you (and maybe only you) can see or feel, but I do feel like I know what you are talking about, I have the similar feeling about this missing aspect when I make commissioned work, and it is something I wonder about each time I have a to create a commissioned work, it is complicate issue for me.

Joetta M. said...

yeah, commissions are always so welcomed but then also so hard for me sometimes. But I feel like the piece is starting to come around a little bit for me. We will see.