Monday, December 28, 2009

home.


We just got back in town last night after many hours in the car. Our drive to Ohio was a scary trip as we were lucky enough to drive right through the wonderful snow storm of last weekend. Icy roads and slow going. We had a nice quick visit that included an early baby shower with lots of presents for the littlest maue.
Then we headed to Asheville, which had received the most snow it has seen in a long while, and enjoyed a laid back Christmas. We mostly stayed around the house in front of the fire. Just what C and I needed. I took advantage of the huge claw foot bath tub my folks have and sat back and relaxed. our apt does not have a bath tub:(

I did get quite a few hours put into my piece but not enough got done. The text is looking beautiful but taking FOREVER. So I am really hoping to get it done in time. This week I am 100% focused on that until Sunday so...should go well???

I arrived home to lots of wonderful packages of art for connective thread and cannot wait to do the install this coming weekend. It is going to be awesome!.

So today I am just trying to get my brain back on, getting caught up on emails, putting ALL the baby stuff somewhere (no idea where in out little Brooklyn apt), and our clothes back in their homes, and cleaning up the amazing mess 2 kitties can make all by themselves. So I am looking forward to tomorrow where life will be put back in place and I can spend a LONG day in the studio. I promise pictures tomorrow.

Hope you had a great December!!!

2 comments:

Molly Donnermeyer said...

Looking forward to lots of installation shots of the show!

Joetta M. said...

me too. As that will mean all the hard work is done and the fun begins:)