Tuesday, December 1, 2009

more hours...


I need more hours in the day please! I cannot seem to even get close to fitting it all in. I have so much to do to prepare for my show and connective thread. And I so want to get this new piece done for the solo show. Agh.

Instead of getting anything done, C and I got to spend almost 2 1/2 hours at the doctor's getting my 2nd sonogram. I am so thankful my midwife is almost always running on time. But it was great to see the little babe up close and personal, and know it is ok. But I just wish we did not waste so much time waiting around.
Now I have to get caught up on a few emails of jpegs (take forever) to send out and hopefully maybe actually get around to some embroidery before I teach.

More hours, more hours in a day please.

Image is of my one wall in the studio, letting my linens sooth and inspire me until I know what they are meant to be.

2 comments:

MarieE said...

what got me started in embroidery was having a child- it's a portable medium! Next time take some stitching with you to the doctor, helps pass all that time in the waiting rooms.

Joetta M. said...

when i was in grad school I knew i wanted to start a family soon and i think that led me to embroidery. it is a very portable and accessible art form in a busy and less structured life of a mom.
i usually do bring my work with me, but am working on a large piece that is not portable right now. I need to get a little purse friendly one started for those very occasions.
:)