Friday, December 18, 2009

sweet and sassy.


The work of Jodi Bloom, simply makes me smile. It is a perfect combination of a little edge and a little sweet.


I really enjoy how Jodi uses uber feminine and structured ladies items to comment on modern relationships, sexuality, and the modern women.


The virginity project looks like it has a ton of potential. I want more? I once did a project on virginity in grad school. I collected images of everyone from the year they lost their virginity with a sound installation. It is a very rich subject matter.


Plus Jodi seems like an absolute ball to be around. She stated:
A storyteller and provocateur at heart, my work tends toward conceptual but accessible, edgy but humorous, subversive and political but also with a big dose of pure fun and joy. Gathering and collecting have always played a big role in my life and art (thriftstore junkie for over 3 decades); my work tends to incorporate found objects including vintage textiles, handbags, dolls & toys, and undergarments. Themes in my work are: femininity, sexuality, childhood and memory

Those words seem to come from a very fun and playful gal. And you may have noticed her love for the bejeweled side of life- so it is no surprise that she is the artist behind the very successful jewelry line So charmed. Visit to add a little charm in your life.

5 comments:

beefranck said...

I just love Jodi. :)

Leililaloo said...

i looove this work of jodi!

Jodi Bloom said...

I am so honored Joetta... thank you from the bottom of my heart! xoxo Jodi

Trixie said...

Jodi is both a talented artist and wonderful person. I am so lucky to "possess" some of her fabulous work!

Joetta M. said...

Jodi - so my pleasure!!

Love that you all lover Jodi's work as much as I do. Such fun art!!!