Tuesday, December 8, 2009

texture and shape.


Checking out my progress in the studio yesterday. I am moving along and have come up with some ideas for the text component. Now I am on to the step of adding the slip, appliqueing and embroidering detail on it. I think this step will go pretty fast.
And I am now thinking of appliqueing the sheet and blanket details as opposed to embroidering it. I like how sculptural and textural the applique becomes.

But today I will probably not get any sewing done. I will be focusing on getting some other preparation for my show finished as well as finalize my curation of Connective Thread. I am very excited about the work I have selected and think it will make a great show.

But with both shows now I am at the hard part of figuring how to install and what goes where. A very important aspect of any show but a challenging one to figure out.

2 comments:

Abigail Thomas said...

i love seeing images of peoples studios, little glimpses into the creative process. Looks liek some lovley work.

Joetta M. said...

thank you. i myself always love seeing behind the scenes of an artist and it is always an honor to share my work here in blog land:)