Thursday, February 7, 2013

friday flashback-----drawn fiber


 I still love, love, love this work originally posted on April 2010 (right before t came into the world.) Make sure to check out her website as her new work still explores textiles through drawing but quite differently. I really love this newer series.




I saw the gorgeous work of Alyssa Pheobus in the fall at an open house tour of a big collector and immediatly fell in love. Alyssa uses graphite and text to reference textiles in her large scale drawings...



So many wonderful things about the work, the words are powerful, the textures she creates remind us of domesticity, and her choice to often leave things unfinished allows the work to have a powerful ambiguity.



I am so glad I got reminded of her work this week.



and wish oh wish she would submit to my show in Tribeca.



See more of her work here.

No comments: