Friday, September 21, 2012

  
I am excited to be taking part in the new exhibit at The Art Complex Museum here in Massachusetts.  This exhibit has been in the works for quite a few years now and it will be wonderful to see it hung and meet all the other artists.  My 3 featured works are all text based works, which is nice since I tend to show my image work more often.  Additionally my work she danced will be on view as it was specifically made for this show as a response piece to a work in their collection. They built a special light box for this work so that it can be lit from behind. I cannot wait to see the end result.


The opening is this Sunday and should be a great opportunity for me to meet and chat with all the other artists.  I am looking forward to that as I need to start building my creative community here as I really miss my Brooklyn one.

In conjunction with the exhibit the curators have also put together a gorgeous catalog, with essays, that I cannot wait to have in my hands. I will share details with how to purchase that soon. You can read a little interview with them here.
and... I am teaching a workshop so come and say hi.

So hopefully it will be fun.
Meanwhile my week has been totally thrown off by some daycare problems and jet lag. I am hoping next week is a little less eventful and a little less tired.

No comments: