Tuesday, October 9, 2012

stitched c.

The review I linked to in the previous post on Elles led me to look at the, I am guessing young artist, Olivia Wolfe.


 Her portfolio is a little all over the place and without a statement you are given little to go on. But her series of stitched c-prints make her website worth a visit. I love the above image both the puppet and the puppeteer


The amount of work is limited but the finesse of how she adds stitches and manipulates thread with image to make commentary on beauty, the woman and the body is good stuff. (o baby and no baby above.)
You can see more of her work at her site and get inspired by its simplicity... work here.



and don't miss her paintings. on a side note why does the new blogger interface randomly hate my guts. ergh.

No comments: