Wednesday, January 30, 2013

paper my walls with your hands...


I am sure most of you readers know that I am very lucky to have some super talanted friends and I am not sure why it took me so long to write about one of my super talanted friends newest ventures.


A very good friend of mine from graduate school and Brooklyn and a very talanted painter Marcie Paper has started to make hand painted "wallpaper."  She is actually literally doing a hand painted pattern on peoples walls. And it is looking AWESOME.



She has always been interested in the decorative and has a long relationship with artists interested in such things.  And her paintings are patterns at their best, with meaning & narrative hidden behind them too.  This has lead to this new endeavor and I think it is wonderful.


To have a hand painted one of a kind piece of work built into your home. How cool is that?  I look forward to when we actually own a place to invest in her hands to paint my walls.  Wouldn't it be great for an entryway?

If you are lucky enough to be able to you should check her out.  Also look at her totally awesome paintings here.



I feel like this turn of events in her practice was somehow affected by her public art work seen above. Inspiring people abound!!


No comments: