Monday, October 7, 2013

fell off.


Did it feel like I fell off the earth? Well I kind of did. I had parents in town and then got so, so, so, so, so, so sick. I barely moved for 2.5 days. It sucked. Almost 100% now- but still missing a few percentage points.

Obviously with being sick I have gotten nothing, zilch, nil done in my studio. Ergh so frustrating. But I am looking forward to a day almost all day in the studio tomorrow.  It is so mind blowingly annoying to have such little time in my studio. Yet- I count myself lucky that I do get a full day alone every week. Funny before grad school I also had only one day in the studio and it felt so amazing and luxurious -all I felt was the productivity of that day. But now after grad school and 4 years of full time studio luxury it feels like a blink of an eye and all I see is what I did not get done.

In truth though--- I was getting all my work out last studio day to photograph (which I did not end up doing) but  with all the difficult shit I have had going on personally this year and my overly full schedule when I get all the work out I feel not so damn bad about it.

and I have been itching, itching, itching to start taking some photos.

Alright I have to go read some intellectual writing on art that I assigned to my class so I can lead a conversation in 2 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we're still here, following you through thick and thin, sickness and health!