Monday, September 8, 2014



Where in the hell did August go?  My life has been a blur as of late. Guests in and out of town, friends staying with us, vacation, crazy change and transition at work, T starting school this week but was delayed by 2 days, test riding, ordering and now waiting impatiently for a new bike AND moving into my new studio...  Oh how I welcome the routine of fall.

I am not yet with my head above water but I feel it coming- I do.  I am technically in my studio but since I have super limited access to a car I am very much just slightly in. This afternoon I will be heading over to settle what is there but that does not include any furniture so its still a little bare. But at the same time I kind of want it to be a more minimal space then my usual studio vibe.  I am REALLY looking forward to being settled into the new space and the new schedule that I have now that T is in school and with my studio days shifting around.  But I am also not putting pressure on myself to make it happen too quickly. I kind of want to savor this time of transition as opposed to letting it speed by.

But the good news is I am shipping 2 of my works off to Chicago today for a lovely show, my teaching schedule is full with new and familiar places this fall and things are starting to settle down in my "other" work life too.  So I hope to breath a sigh out soon and show you some new work and oh it would be so nice to say hello a little more often.


1 comment:

Kristin said...

Joetta - can you message me at kriscary@hotmail.com? I have a handkerchief that I wanted to get hand-embroidered for my sister's wedding and I am having trouble finding a place that will do it. I was wondering if this is something you do or would know of someone who could do it.

Thanks,
Kristin