Monday, August 3, 2015

authentic

After a week away in Martha's Vineyard I am "back to life, back to reality..." 
sort of- I actually get 2 extra days to be in the studio before reality (aka job) really returns. Today got off to a slow start as I am pretty absorbed in my book, hold still, and I am always distracted and time sucked into looking for teaching jobs that don't exist and are insane competitive but I waste the time anyway.

Once I got into the studio I started a new drawing. I didn't feel like it was working so I put it aside either to begin again or salvage the paper. As I was perusing my image archives I got quite taken with a photo in my iphoto galleries and a new drawing was born. It is not done yet but I am super happy with it so far. I have a little more work to do in the body and am undecided on the hair. Most of my other drawings have an additional element in it. Almost like 2 images collaged...so maybe this one will end up with something too.  Just going with the flow.

I am loving making these drawings and hope that they find a home in the end. A place to exhibit and people to support them. It is scary changing your practice so much as I will no longer be of interest for some people as the fiber is fading out as a less dominant medium for me. But you have to be authentic and right now these feel oh so good. 

But with that said I did spend about 3 hours stitching today too (on my never ending piece) and that was a nice change of pace.





3 comments:

emmel-prutsemieke said...

love this one!

Unknown said...

'the more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you'
-the Infant Jesus of Prague

ipl chronicles said...

Effortlessly access your IPL fantasy league and stay updated with live scores by logging in to our user-friendly IPL platform.

Experience the thrill of gaming at its finest with BestWinner Arcade, your premier destination for top-notch entertainment and exciting gameplay.