Monday, July 19, 2010

gaze.


So after my mini break-down last week, C gave me a few hours alone in the studio to get some work started. And ... it was awesome. I actually borrowed the studio of a friend, since mine is so bright, to project some new drawings onto their linens. I got 3 1/2 done and am super excited about all of them.
This one is of me gazing at lil't in the first few weeks of his life. He was moving so I will playing with the stitches to imply a bit of a blur in places with him.
I am very happy with how the drawing turned out and look forward to getting to work on it- soon?

I will share the other ones this week with you- though I know they can be difficult to see in this initial state.
I was planning on really getting started this week but now will be helping one of my best friends find a wedding dress. So my mission for the week has changed but I will still be surrounded by white fabric...

2 comments:

Jeana Marie said...

Wonderful! Glad you were able to have some time. It makes a huge difference, hey?
xo,
J

Joetta M. said...

HUGE difference. Thanks.