Friday, July 16, 2010

sculptures as animals as people....


Loving the playful and strange work of artist Laura Ford. Her practice is very mixed media but she often turns to fiber...


I love that she describes her work as:

sculptures dressed up as animals which are dressed up as people.

Strangely, I see what she means.


In some ways her hybrid figures remind me of Kiki Smith's work but then usually Laura's work is much less dark and more fairytale-esque.

Since scale seems to play a big part, I wish I could see some of the work in person.

She does not have a website but you can read a bit more about her work here.

3 comments:

lynda Howells said...

Love these sculptures. thanks for showing them to usxlynda
http://tryingtocreatearteveryday.blogspot.com
and
http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com
Enjoyx lynda

RosieK said...

I have seen Laura's work a couple of times - they are even more stunning in the real! thanks for reminding me of her work Joetta

Joetta M. said...

oooh, i am jealous I want to see them in person:)