Monday, December 8, 2008

back to being serious and breathtakingly lovely.


I just recently found the work of Stacy Renee Morrison and her series Mama's house just breaks my heart with its breathtaking beauty, stillness, familiarity, and yearning... see for yourself.
Morrison states:

My past, present, and future are tightly bound within the walls. The rooms, furniture and objects pull me close and sometimes sing sweet songs and at other times sit still and silent in sad solitude.


The pallette is gorgeous in the softness of the colors, light, and contrast.



The simplicity of the compositions are moving and complete.
The above image particularly reminds me of one of my favorite series ever...



Her figurines series is also quite lovely.

I gazed deep into her eyes and discovered she was staring back at me.

No comments: