Monday, March 23, 2009

sandy threads & colorful fields


Today, I am taking my needle and thread to the beach. It is sunny and I have been craving to go so today is the day. I actually have a ton of simple stitching that I need to do and can get done in the sun. So I am bundling up, taking my beach quilt to sit on, a big pile of thread and breathing in deeply.
I have a feeling that this will be a very special day.


And just in case you have not seen these amazing images here ya go.
This looks like the work of a very talented artist that I would feature here. But the artist is really mother nature with her faithful assistant the farmer.
More images here.

4 comments:

onesilentwinter said...

did you have a good time?

hodge podge said...

i am speechless...

Joetta M. said...

speechless...thank you.

Joetta M. said...

it was a wonderful time, chilly but sweet. I love being on the beach when it is empty. I loved seeing the patterns that the breeze makes on the sand. But I must say NY beaches just do not compare to New England- I miss it so much sometimes:)