Tuesday, June 9, 2009

biting tongue, busy needle.


I am loving the sarcastic, hilarious, and humorously mean cross stitches of BeeFranck from the equally fabulous blog MrXStitch. I recently found both and am delighted. I love the above piece inspired by the song Hell by the Squirrel Nut Zippers and a Lord's Prayer Sampler from the 1800's


Bee originally began cross stitching from patterns from subversive cross stitch such as the image above and has moved on to create patterns of her own.
Some of which really make me want to laugh out loud.
Such as this one which reminds me of college...


or this one reminds me a bit of C - he both is one and does them!


or this one reminds me of all my lovely neighbors in Cobble Hill who leave there dog poo out for all to enjoy!


not sure what this one reminds me of but it is funny and unique.


Cross stitch is one area of embroidery I have not been inspired to explore. I generally am not so in love with its aesthetics but pair it with Bee's sense of humor and it is a perfect fit.

4 comments:

Josephine said...

these are hilarious! they seem so benign because they're needlepoint, but then in turns into a sneak attack :)

Joetta M. said...

sneak attack- I like that analogy.

*M* said...

I've been in love BeeFrank's stuff for a while now, too. "The Hammer is My Penis" one is from Dr. Horrible's Sing a Long Blog. It makes me laugh every time I see it. :)

Joetta M. said...

ooooo! a sing along blog. sounds fabulous.