Monday, July 13, 2009

so many lovely things...

work by Lou Trigg

I am delighted to be invited to exhibit at the Weston Super-Mare Art festival. I have been invited by the inspiring Camilla of made by milla.
And oh so exciting, I will be sharing space with the fabulous artists Karen Ruane and Lou Trigg. You might remember my post on Lou a bit back. I find her work so wonderful and inspiring. Currently she has a piece , shit wank, that I am just dying to have but no budget for it at the moment:(

Also a sweet thank you to Hannah at seeds & stitches for a very lovely feature on me.
I might have to quote her in the future as she describes my work so aptly she states:
...make beautiful, provocative work that honours ancient embroidery techniques with a bit of kick ass feminism in there too. Right on!
I can only hope to fulfill those words with my work.

Also just a brief mention of the very lovely new daily project from Cathy Mclaurin check it out here.

Off to the studio now. Much to do!

No comments: