Wednesday, December 15, 2010

distracted.


I went to the studio yesterday and started on this new text based work, I am really loving the idea and linen so it took me 3 try's to come up with the right thread color and my fingers are still crossed that I went the right way. Sometimes it is so hard to know which color will be the best since you can only imagine it and cannot see it until all the time has been devoted. Nerve wrecking on such a large piece.

Also worked some more on the portrait of my parents in bed... coming slowly but I am excited to be working with different subjects and explore different colors of skin, hair, body types etc...

But even though I got work done it did not feel like a very productive day, I was feeling very distracted. Always happens around the holidays.

No comments: