Wednesday, June 20, 2012

sneak peeks.


I am totally exhausted but both of the shows are installed. The group show got done yesterday and my solo show today. Both installs went smoothly and much quicker then I expected. YAY!


small stories stressed me out a bit as I was concerned about fitting all the work, but with creative problem solving it got done and for such a small and quirky space I think it looks great. The window will draw people in for sure.

My solo show was the opposite, I was afraid I would not have enough work. But I really wanted to treat the works as paintings and drawings and give them room to breathe. And though it feels a little sparse in comparison to other shows of mine, I feel that it is exactly as it should be.

I truly hope to see many of you at either opening and pictures of the installations will follow the openings. Now I need to get to the labels.


the space between...
a solo exhibition by Joetta Maue

Opening Thursday June 21, 7-9pm

Oak Knit Gallery
at the Textile Arts Center
505 Carroll St, Brooklyn NY 11231
2nd Floor


small stories
an exhibition of fiber work
curated by Joetta Maue

at the Urban Alchemist Design Collective
343 5th St, Brooklyn, NY 11215

Opening Saturday June 23, 2012, 6-9pm

2 comments:

Istanbuljoy said...

Thank you so much for the sneak peeks! Tantalising! I have NO doubt that both shows will be deliciously lapped up by the multitudes. This is one of those times when I wish I had access to Dr Who's tardis or a "beam me up Scotty" so that I could quickly & inexpensively cross the great divide between hemispheres! All the very best of luck, I hope you get lots of positive responses!

Bren Ahearn said...

Congratulations! The preview images look great! Especially love the solo show images.