Wednesday, March 6, 2013

beautiful.


So my husband a few days ago is chatting with me at his computer and asks "Do you know Marina Abromovic?" and I am like of course... and then he proceeds to show me this incredible documentation of Ulay participating in one of her more recent performances at the MOMA in NYC.


If you do not know- Abromovic and Ulay did collaborative performances for more then ten years together, at the beginning of their careers, and and in my opinion this work remains to be some of the best performance work that has been done.


Their work honestly and poetically dealt with the love, hate, joy and suffocation that exists within a relationship.

To see this unexpected and incredibly powerful reunion makes my heart jump out of me and my eyes well with tears. I am so glad my C thought to share it with me. Follow the link and watch.

No comments: