Friday, March 1, 2013

Flashback- Colorful Wows


Coming to you from April 2009 some super awesome colorful work that is still super awesome.



You may have already seen this super amazing work over at Emily B- but I loved it so much I just had to post about it here. Artist Valerie A. Molnar knits some fantastically fun and incredibly colorful works.


Valerie states:
The optimist in me knits for the cause, while my formalist counterpart works to make the images that sell my thoughts. I knit for the lovers. I make these objects as a practice and a confirmation of my optimism




And that is what I love about the work- as they are abstract you are not quite sure what you are looking at or what the message is of the work but through the playful shapes, celebratory colors, and splash like installations one cannot help but feel a little more happy and joyful towards the day.
Valerie's work has a child like playfulness and sense of experimentation mixed with a very sophisticated understanding of formal composition and shapes as well as the relationship of colors.

I so love this work and so hope to get the opportunity to see it in person soon.

No comments: