Monday, April 29, 2013

bluurrr.


 Oh my goodness where did the week go. Blur. Blur. Blur. After this week my schedule gets SO much more open and hopefully that means a few more posts on this sadly neglected little world!
But needless to say NYC was great last week and though nothing blew me away in Chelsea there were many solid things to see for sure. I will post a review of them tomorrow.  Above image from a really nice photography show at Yossi Milo.





I also taught a sold out class on Sunday to a super wonderful group of folks, including a mom and her 2 teenage daughters love that!  The class had a great energy and was great fun though I wish we could have had it outside as it has been GORGEOUS the last few days. (images of student work) My classes have been selling out so make sure you sign up fast if you are interested in any of the upcoming ones.  Details here.

And the drive to the class, about an hour both ways, gave me some thinking time which is always nice. Conclusion from thinking time is:  that even though I am not getting all that much studio work done this month due to crazy schedule circumstances that the space from my work has felt good and I feel really excited about the shift I am having and ... it makes me look forward to my first FULL studio day in almost a month next week.


2 comments:

Ruth Tabancay said...

Love reading your posts, Joetta. I'm in New York for a few days. The work of Sopheap Pich at the Met was amazing. At Museum of Art and Design I happened to be there when Xenobia Bailey was in the studio. I've seen her crocheted concentric circles so it was a pleasure to meet her; very personable. She also has a piece at the Museum of Bible Art not far from MAD. I haven't seen it yet but there's an installation by Orly Genger at Madison Square Park opening today. On the Highline yesterday I was surprised to come across a giant installation by El Anatsui. I'd love to see it at different times of the day. Now, off to the Brooklyn Museum for his show. I can't wait!

Joetta M. said...

so many things to see. I love Orly Genger but missed it:(

Wasn't the El Anatsui awesome!