Tuesday, April 23, 2013

train to teach


I am on a train heading to nyc to be a guest artist at NYU again. I am so looking forward to working with the students as they are always such an incredible & intelligent group.  This week I will do more of a lecture and basic embroidery demo and then next week they will bring in the projects they created and we will do a crit. So fun!! as you can see from the images in this post the students really come out and make some great work.



My fantasy of getting work done on the train such as stitching on my work or editing an upcoming article have been dashed by my level of exhaustion and instead I have slept for 2 hours (I must say it felt amazing.) But I have an hour left and am pulling my stitches out soon.



I will also be having drinks in Brooklyn with friends and seeing this intriguing show in Chelsea tomorrow morning- I have a fantasy of seeing this one at the MET but doubt I will have time. Next week I am going to the Brooklyn museum. Anyone know of any other not to be missed shows in nyc right now?

all images are nyu student work from last year.

No comments: