Friday, May 24, 2013

Flashin back- more on Orly Genger


First written about back in '09...


Check out my article here on the super sized crochet work of Orly Genger.

Then again in spring 2011.... mentioning my new found interest in piles!



Speaking of alumni, I was over looking at the OSU website, my undergrad, and was super psyched to see that their current visiting artist is Orly Genger. I have written about her work here before but is is cool enough to mention again.


For some reason when I think of Orly's work I always think of her outdoor installations rather then her interior work and it was nice to be reminded how gorgeous and heavy her interior work is.

awesome chair....


I have been thinking a lot about piles lately and how I can work with them in my work. To me the pile is such a powerful image and my studio is full of them, which visually I love, but now that I am a mama my house is full of them too. Piles of clean clothes, dirty clothes, toys, diapers, dishes...It is such a symbol for domestic life. So even though though Orly's work is totally not about that - the piling she tends to do totally inspired my brain.



No comments: