Monday, June 16, 2014

Squam, Art, Magic...

view from my classroom.
Sometime it is easy to forget that you are good at what you do and that you love it. For me the opportunity to be at Squam Art Workshops was an opportunity to be reminded that I love, really love, to teach people to be creative.  It also reminded me that I am good at it. 

Life can be so challenging and people/circumstance can really fight against you --- sometimes you forget things about yourself that you once knew. So as I was walking to or from my class, sitting on the dock of this magical lake or chatting about the teaching process with other teachers I thought a lot about me and what I want for the future and how I am going to get it. And every time I would be reminded how much I love teaching and how I am actually gifted at it. That was the reward of Squam for me and I am ever so grateful. 

Of course I also got to meet countless lovely people, learn more about knitting then I ever needed to (since I do not knit,) sat and kayaked on the most gorgeous lake I know of (and I say yes over lake tahoe any day,) did a bit of yoga, a lot of chatting and a good amount of chilling. I was honored, grateful and delighted to be a part of it all.


The classroom.


The inspiration wall.

 A small pile of the linens. 

 


The students.

 
 
 


The work.

 The process.


the magic.

2 comments:

Kerfe said...

Your teaching certainly inspired me, and I hope you continue to do it.
http://methodtwomadness.wordpress.com/2014/06/23/i-was-born/

Joetta M. said...

thank you so much for forwarding me that link. I remember your bag and loved it and it means so much to hear from past students. thank you:)