Tuesday, June 17, 2014

trust...


Right as I am truly exploting motherhood as subject this show announcement fell into my inbox.  Needless to say I was an am inspired....


Trust your struggle by Qiana Mestrich

 She say's this:

After I gave birth to my son in 2010, medical circumstances left me homebound for months. Feelings of joy and love for my new baby came with equal sentiments of fear and isolation. To cope and hold on to some part of my previous self in the midst of new motherhood, I turned to the camera. Trust Your Struggle is a photographic essay that documents what is often considered taboo when publicly discussing the new mother experience: the intense loneliness, hectic days, sleepless nights, physical pain and the rare moment alone.

See it in person until the 27th in Brooklyn here.

No comments: